Microsoft Office Integration
Live Office integrates with Microsoft Office, embedding up-to-the-minute corporate data in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word documents. This releases you from your dependency on IT and provides self-service access to your trusted business intelligence (BI) from within your familiar business tools. Then, you can share the resulting Microsoft Office documents with others over the web for collaborative decision-making.
Live Office Features
- Self-Service Access - Access business intelligence (BI) content directly within Microsoft Office -- no IT assistance required. Select data from a Crystal Reports report, Web Intelligence document, or via ad hoc data selections—all within Microsoft Office.
- Trusted Information - With Live Office, your Office documents display data from the same trusted source that supports your organization's decision-making and enterprise performance, the BI platform.
- Secure, Direct Refresh - Automatically refresh a single data item -- or all the data in your Office document. Instant refreshing and refiltering puts the most accurate, up-to-date data at your fingertips for more confident decisions.
- Formatting and Calculations - Once you have embedded your BI data, format and perform calculations using familiar features of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. All formatting and calculations are retained.
- Shared Documents - Publish Office documents to BusinessObjects Enterprise for instant access over the web or email your "live" Office documents - security is maintained, even when you share the document outside the firewall.