Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
SQL Server Reporting Services is a Business Intelligence tool that provides a full range of tools to help you create, deploy, and manage reports for your organization, as well as programming features that enable you to extend and customize your reporting functionality.
- Report designer and report manager work hand in hand to create customized dashboards and reports and maintain access groups for the objects
- Capability of the report designer varies from creating simple drill-through, drill-down parameterized reports, to complex reports such as customized Ad-Hoc Reports
- Published reports accessed through the report manager could be rendered into various forms like Excel, Word, XML, CSV, PDF, etc.
- Subscribed users receive information on new updates for subscribed reports
- Variety of viewing formats including web based connection or part of Microsoft Windows applications